Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Cafe Rio Fiesta



On December 15th, the Bonfiglio, Poe and Elia families got together to attempt to recreate the Cafe Rio experience! Since we all lived in Utah for a bit, especially the Poe's and the Elia's, we all really miss Cafe Rio so we attempted to do their Barbacoa pork and Tomatillo Ranch dressing. The pork ended up being okay but the tomatillo dressing was really good (thanks to Jessica getting the recipe!). A fun time was had by all and lots of burritos and salads were eaten.

6 comments:

Kendall said...

OK, I need those recipes. I grilled chicken salad on a monthly basis.

Kendall said...

I meant to say I crave the grilled chicken salad. Sorry, I hit the publish button a little too quickly :)

Poe said...

just looking at the pictures is making me crave it again!

Raina said...

I think all of it was fun, and I'm read to eat again!!! Do you wild cooks have anything else up your sleeve?

[RochelleG] said...

good grief, I love that place. I have the Cafe Rio Pork Burrito recipe. LOVE IT!

Ronald & Laura Jones Elia said...

Okay I am sorry for the delay but here are the recipes:

Ok I got the yummy Cafe Rio pork and dressing recipe for you guys!!!
-Pork loin in crock pot:
cover 1/2 w/ water and cook 6 hrs on low. Drain, shred, then cook 3 hrs w/ seasoning
-Seasoning:
1 c. brown sugar, 1 bottle red taco sauce (la victoria), 1 Tbs. cummin, 1 can coke.
To make as burrito, put in tortilla (we like the ones from Costco you have to cook yourselves) w/ black beans and rice. Smother burrito w/ la victoria green taco sauce and monterey jack cheese. Heat in oven for 5 - 10 min.


-Creamy Dressing:
1 buttermilk ranch packet, 2 tomatillos, 1/2 bunch cilantro, 1 garlic clove, 1 lime; juiced, 1 jalepeno. Make ranch as directed on packet. Food process everything else together...