Thursday, March 19, 2009

Update on My Dad

I flew to Honolulu on Wednesday to see my Dad who is in Queen's hospital because of a minor heart attack. He is doing okay, still having issues with his heart rate and rhythm. The doctors were going to do an angioplasty today but since my Dad has diabetes too, his cretin level was higher than the doctors wanted so they called it off to try and get his cretin closer to 2 down from 2.5 where it was at this morning. However because his heart stopped for a couple seconds here and there this morning they decided to attach an external pacemaker. That is making Dad a bit uncomfortable because they went in through his right jugular vein so that hurts a bit.

Well other than all that he is feeling good, his blood pressure has been pretty good 145/68, heart rate is 97 and pulse is in the 90's. Blood sugar has been the issue lately high 200's after eating but that's because of the dies they put in him for the catheter? s/p, to look at his heart is really hard on his kidney's. So they have been giving him diuretics s/p so he can pee more to get that crap out (read Ronald has to help him do this and it is just so much fun! not :-)) So I have figured out most of the machines, and am following the tests they are doing so its been a learning experience. Hopefully this learning experience ends soon and in a good way.

Thanks to everyone for their prayers on behalf of my Dad and his Doctors.

I will try to keep you updated,

Ronald

1 comment:

Michele said...

I'm so happy that you're there and helping out! I know mom is grateful for you being there :) Way to be an awesome son! Thanks for keeping care of mom and dad, wish we could be there! HUGS and KISSES for ALL!