Sunday, December 7, 2008

My First Birthday Luau









Part of the reason my Grandma and Grandpa came in to visit me was because they were throwing my a first birthday luau. It is a big tradition in Hawaii and so that is why all my Aunts, Uncles and Juju B came to Oregon to visit.

A bunch of my Moms family came, my Dad's friends from work as well as his family and a bunch of Mommy and Daddy's friends. Everyone loved the food and it sure was tasty.

I have to thank a bunch of people for a fun First Birthday Luau. My Grandma and Grandpa for all the party favors they brought from Hawaii and even made; macadamia nuts, chocolate covered macadamia nuts plus my Grandpa's homemade coconut candy that he and Grandma made just for my party. Also Grandpa made a ton of beautiful Hawai'ian crafts for my table decorations, and he even made a beautiful coconut ukulele for me (I like to pluck the strings) and a hawai'ian drum (I love to bang away on it). I want to thank my Grandma for cooking her sweet n' sour chicken that everyone raved about, Aunty Caroline for cooking the Kalua pig, Daddy for making the mac salad and cooking the Kalbi and all my Aunts and Uncles that helped with decorating for my luau and helping set up. Also I wanted to thank Uncle Paul for playing and singing the most beautiful music at my luau. That really made the luau!

I am glad everyone that came had a good time, and thank you for the presents, I am finishing up my thank you cards and getting them out real soon.

4 comments:

Caroline Elia Seguritan said...

Great luau. Good times etc.

Shannon E. said...

That looks like such a memorable birthday luau! Jared is a lucky guy and still so dang CUTE!

KaWheelers said...

Yay Jared!! It looked like fun :)

Pili said...

Happy Birthday Jared! Mmmm, kalbi ribs, you're so lucky!